Career Opportunities at the Y
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, YMCA Victoria is launching an online platform called Virtual Y to continue providing our products and services to young people and the communities we serve during this difficult time and beyond.
Virtual Y is being funded through a $1.6million grant from the Victorian Government. With 90% of YMCA’s business currently in hibernation due to the closures, including recreation facilities, camps and youth programs, Virtual Y will provide online support and connection in an interactive and accessible way.
With Virtual Y, YMCA participants, members and customers will have access to a suite of virtual fitness classes, the latest nutritional information, wellbeing programs, youth engagement sessions and family activities. The modules will be delivered via livestreams, tutorials and training sessions, challenges, competitions and interactive group sessions.
To help with the content creation for the platform, we are looking for a number of suitably skilled and experienced YMCA and Kingswim employees to join the project team. Please find the role descriptions below.
Social Content Specialist
Immediate start, tenured until December 24, 2020
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver communication and engagement strategies through social media to ensure the positive impact and direction of Virtual Y
- Create innovative, engaging and ‘brand consistent’ content across all social channels
- Manage the social content calendar (through Sprout Social) and manage various stakeholders to balancing priorities
- Curate the social media feeds on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook
- Manage audience feedback on posts, uncover insights and new areas of focus and interest from our customers to continuously improve.
- Work alongside Virtual Y project team and contracted partners to maximise content relationship and reach
Skills and Experience:
- You are across all the latest content trends and know what it takes to engage an audience.
- With a customer focused approach, you will bring to the role your demonstrated experience across creative ideation and visual and written content creation
Specific skills you will bring to the role:
- Keen attention to detail and highly developed communication skills including writing and formatting social content in online environments
- Highly creative, resourceful, quick learner dedicated to finding new and better ways to solve problems and leverage opportunities
- Analytical and reporting skills, experience with a range of online analytics tools
- Experience writing for online channels
- Experience of using multiple social media platforms and understanding of their different purpose
- Understanding of how to write for a range of audiences (young people, parents, partners)
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing digital content marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with MS Office and Adobe products
Video Content Creators
Staff and volunteers from across the Y are needed to create fun and engaging videos to be published on the Virtual Y Youth Space. Videos can be anywhere from 3-12 minutes and filmed from home. We are looking for different interests, skills sets, and delivery styles to provide a wide range of content for young people to engage with on the platform. If you are interested in filming content, please complete the form below. Hours will be casual.
Youth Voice Assistant Coordinator
We are expanding our Youth Voice team by hiring a new Youth Voice Assistant Coordinator, this role will work closely with the Youth Voice Coordinator and will be paid at 2 days per week, the role will be contracted until the 31st January (with the potential to extend).
For more information please read the attached Position Description.
This opportunity is open to staff who currently work for the Y or have previously in the last 12 months in any capacity.
If you would like to apply, please fill out the attached Expression of Interest and send it to email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.